Thursday, June 6, 2013

plans I have for you

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

Jeremiah 29:11

 

Sometimes it is easier to quote this scripture than truly to let it resonate in your heart. I knew this scripture by heart as a little girl, but when I read it again after my baby was trached and placed on a ventilator, it was hard for me to believe. 
 
 
 I could not see how God had plans to prosper us, to give us hope, and to give us a future when the future looked so grim. Every doctor that came and saw my sweet Mighty Z shook his head and said there was no way Mighty Z had a future, and no one had even a glimmer of a plan. 
 
 
Only one little man from India who also was a doctor said, “Don’t worry, momma, it will be a miracle.”  That little seed of hope began to grow and I turned my bible back to Jeremiah 29:11 and reread what it said. 
 
 
 I looked up to heaven and I let HIS Spirit pour into me that HE had a plan, HE had a future for my sweet Mighty Z, and HE was sending people my way to water my little seed of hope that the little doctor from India planted inside my heart. I look back and I see the sweetness of God’s love during those dark years.


01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

1 comment:

  1. So appropriate for our kids Shelley. When Hope was a few days old, they told us she would not survive and to prepare ourselves to turn off the ventilator. My husband and I independently had a vision from God that one day he would heal our daughter completely. We still believe that even though it is hard when we have to go through so much, but one day there will be a cure. Praise God

    ReplyDelete