Saturday, May 26, 2012

Teaching me


There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."
-- Albert Einstein

Many times in my life I have heard that there are no more bible type miracles happening. I at one time    believed that quote. That was before I met Mighty Z.


Not to say that the miracle of LA LA's birth was less than. I just felt at the time that everyone had perfectly healthy normal type babies.


Oh of course I HEARD about children who were born with something wrong, but that only happened in stories that you read in magazines and books. Sometimes you heard of someone who knew of someone else that had a child on life support machines, but never anyone YOU knew.


I know that many times in my blogs I write about the woes of having a child who is considered a chronic, complex, critically ill child, and how hard it is. (and it is) I mean it is not all rainbows and pony rides here.


Mighty Z has taught me many things and here are just a tiny bit of the knowledge Z has passed my way


What Mighty Z has taught me:

Faith- When Mighty Z was born I was told many times by many doctors she would not live, that I should turn her machines off and let her go. I had to have faith in God and in Mighty Z that she would live.


Strength- You never know how strong you are, until being strong is the only choice you have. Since Mighty Z was not going to give up that meant I couldn't give up either.Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength. I had to learn to be as strong as Mighty Z.


Awareness- I learned that there were children with disabilities all around me and that it was my choice to see them. I learned to celebrate the abilities in all children and never the dis. I now find myself looking for these special children. 


Patience- I have never been patient I have always hurried up for the next "big thing". I learned you can't hurry up and teach a kid to breathe off a vent, or have them decanulated asap. It takes time and yes lots and lots of patience.


Acceptance- I learned that even though I have had faith,strength,awareness, and patience sometimes the thing I was working so hard towards just isn't possible and that Mighty Z is perfect just the way she is, machines and all.


I learned to praise God that Mighty Z is on a ventilator. Because with out that ventilator I would not have my Mighty Z



I learned that a bible miracle happens everyday when Mighty Z wakes up and takes her first breath on her own.








01 02 03
04 05 06
07 08 11 12

1 comment:

  1. The awareness one is SOOOOO true! You don't realize what you don't see until your world is affected by someone. My boy having TM has opened my eyes when I never knew they were closed. Love this one!

    ReplyDelete